If you’d like to join me on my #stitchanacorn campaign then you might like to gather the following bits and bobs…. We can always seek things out as we go along… plenty of time … easy pace! 🐢 💛
BUT JUST SO YOU KNOW FOR SURE - The deadline is MARCH 31st or there abouts!
1. A 10 or 8 inch embroidery hoop … bamboo ones are more sustainable but try and get it from a local supplier or craft shop or charity shop.
2. A small selection of embroidery and beading needles.
3. Scissors - for fabric and for paper /mixed media.
4. A start off selection of plain fabrics preferably that don’t fray. SOME FELT pieces are important for
padding. I will be posting a colour scheme later but for now PLAIN fabrics and if you have to..... small scale
pattern as the flying acorns are only a few inches wide
The acorns measure no more than 7-8 inches wide so small pieces of fabrics are ideal. Metallics and silks, felt, pleather, kid leather and high vis are great.
5. Threads /cottons.
6. Black fine liner, mechanical OR sharp pencil.
7. Tracing paper.
8. Optional but I found very handy and helpful - A lap hoop stand or table top hoop stand as seen in photos or similar.
9. An iron.
10. True grit and creative purpose. ⚡️💥
Think about finding /sourcing materials with no carbon footprint and maybe even forming a small group to stitch with and share bits and bobs.
Gather gather and see you soon with more vids.
Watch this space. 👀
Use these hashtags on all posts regarding Lou’s cape campaign of creative courage to get involved:
#stitchanacorn #acornarmy #marchmonthouse #flyingacorns #capeofcreativepurpose #lougardiner #comeflywithme #communityacornproject